For the past 2 years I been using my smartphone as my main video camera and nothing is wrong with that, I just needed something a bit more professional. I have no intentions on spending hundreds of dollars on a extra camera just to record standard videos. I mostly do interviews, event coverage, and video blogs so there was no reason for me to buy something so advance. I did some research and found the Canon VIXIA HF R600 camcorder. BestBuy had it on sale for $200 which sounded a bit too good to be true but judging by the specs, I felt this was the camera for me.
- 32x optical/1140x digital zoom
- 3″ LCD widescreen touch screen
- 2.07-megapixel CMOS sensor
- 1920 x 1080 resolution. 60 FPS
- 2.8-89.6mm f/1.8-4.5 lens
- With manual and automatic focus options enables versatile shooting.
- Optical and electronic image stabilization
- Helps reduce the effects of camera shake and vibration to minimize blurring.
Be sure to check out my video review and leave a comment below if you got any questions.